We are committed to moving your cargo safely, efficiently, and as quickly as possible between more than 25 destinations in Mexico
We transport any General Cargo, including items that need special handling or priority, such as perishable goods, live animals, and human remains.
For more information click here.
Frequent Asked Questions
How can I send a shipment?
We have shipment, messaging, and parcel services, both regular and express. The service is provided from the airport of origin to any Volaris destination in Mexico. You can contact our shipment service by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What kind of items does Volaris transport?
Volaris offers transportation services for all kinds of items except the following:
- Dead animals
- Alcoholic beverages, up to 24°
- Leather items from endangered animals
- Solvents and/or corrosive materials
- Prescription medications and controlled substances Ivory or items made of ivory
- Frozen or refrigerated goods
- Laboratory samples (including toxic and hazardous materials, or special materials requiring special handling)
- Foreign goods without appropriate importation documentation
- Narcotic substances, drugs or inhaled substances, as determined by health regulations
- Radioactive or magnetic substances
- Firearms, firearm parts or ammunition
- Money, debt/investment securities, precious metals and jewelry
- Explosives and compressed gas
- Flammable solids or liquids
- Oxidizable material
- Irritants or infectious substances
- Toxic, restricted and/or dangerous materials, in accordance with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) regulations Any goods that may be considered dangerous or may pose any kind of risk to the aircraft or passengers on board
- Any other goods whose transportation is prohibited by law or any applicable government decree Any other item that Volaris deems non-transportable due to its nature
How can I request the Volaris Cargo service?
In Volaris Cargo clicking here.
In which destinations does the Cargo and Courier service apply?
Service in more than 25 destinations in Mexico.
How can I obtain price information or get a shipping quote?
Please send an email to email@example.com You may also obtain information at any Volaris airport counter, where you will be directed to our cargo representative in that location.
How can I pay for my shipment?
Payment must be made in cash at the Volaris counter in the city of origin before being shipped.
How can I ship my cargo?
Go to the Volaris cargo counter at your local airport where our representatives will gladly assist you. You must confirm the availability of the service on the route you need. To do this, contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply shortly.
How can I track a package?
Go to Volaris Cargo and enter your airbill number (Prefix: 036, A02 or AMM + an 8-digit number).
What are the size limits allowed per cargo?
Max. weight is 135 kg. per piece and with a length up to 200 cm, 140 cm. width and 115 cm height.
How is the weight determined?
It is based on whichever is greater, the actual weight or the volumetric weight. Volumetric weight is determined by the following formula: Length X Width X Height, in cms = weight factor/ volume in kg
How should items be packaged for shipping?
We recommend that you choose packing materials that are the right size for your cargo. Boxes that are not entirely filled may collapse, and those that are too full may tear.
For this reason, we suggest using high-quality packaging materials to ship your goods. Additionally, we recommend using impact-resistant material that will ensure your cargo stays in place and does not shift when moved.
Choose double-strength corrugated cardboard boxes with high quality outer edges and seal your boxes with strong straps or tape to protect your shipment.
Can I insure the cargo I'm shipping?
Volaris complies with Civil Aviation Act liability limitations. If you're interested in purchasing additional coverage, you are welcome to insure your cargo on your own.